Sunday, March 4, 2012

A simple question, or much more?

A few weeks ago, I came across something. Something that really made me stop and think. Something that made me wonder if I'm really following, praising, and loving God to the best of my ability. What was it? A question - "Is what your living for worth dying for?". What stared out as a simple question, became more difficult when I really thought about it. I realized that it's not just a simple question, not  even a fancy analogy to wake me up, but a reality. Jesus died for me. He died so I can love, honor, and praise His holy name forever. He took all my pain, all of my suffering, and died on the cross so that I may live again. He suffered the most cruel punishment anyone could ever imagine, for me. An good for nothing girl, who is constantly disobeying God's commands. But my God, my King died for me. and  He didn't just die for me, He died for every murder, every adulterer, ever thief, and every stuck up person. HE DIED FOR EVERYONE. An act so amazing, so selfless shouldn't be taken lightly, so I'm asking you, is what you're living for worth dying for?




~Emilie

No comments:

Post a Comment