Monday, November 19, 2012

When Everything Goes Wrong.

We've all had moments when everything that seems to be going right, goes wrong. Lately, I've had a lot of them. A lot of let downs, a lot of screw ups, and a lot of wondering how I can fix things. Things that meant the world to me, somehow just disappeared. This really sent me through a time where I was trying to figure out what I can do to change the situation. How can I get it the way I want. People kept telling me, God has a plan through all of the chaos, but I still was holding on to the thought that it was my fault and I can fix this somehow. It consumed my thoughts constantly and became a distraction from my relationship with Christ. I was so focused on how I could fix the situation, that instead of giving it to Christ, I took complete control. I lost sight of the promises that He gives to each of us.

"Come to Me, all who weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, what ever is of good repute, if here is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." -Philippians 4:6-8
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." -Romans 8:18
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

Over and over, God reminds us that He will be there in times of trouble. That if we surrender to Him, He will provide for us all we need.  I've heard this my whole life growing up in church, but I never really experienced this in my own life. I finally realized I can't fix my problems by myself and I need Christ to lead me through this time of struggle.

 I don't know what God has for my life, but I know it's WAY better than I could ever dream. He knows me better than I know myself, so why not give control to Him? Whatever He has for me, I know it will be what is best for me, even if it's not what I want. 

"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." -Psalms 54:4

~Emilie



No comments:

Post a Comment